Pre-treatment instructions for hand veins –Sclerotherapy/Microphlebectomy
- On the day of your treatment, please do not apply lotions, oils, or cream on your hand.
- Remove all jewelry on hand to be treated.
- Treatment consists of sclerotherapy and POSSIBLY This is done with a dilute sclerosant (Sotradecol or Polidocanol), and special instruments.
- If microphlebectomy is performed, you may require sutures.
- Your hand will be wrapped for 2 days after which you will wear a glove for the next 5 days.
- Expect bruising and some swelling until healing occurs.
- You may take over the counter pain medication such as ibuprofen or Tylenol.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your procedure. You may be in the office for up to 45 mins.
- Photographs will be taken before and after each treatment to document progress and/or for the purpose of medical education, research, or scientific publications. You will not be identified in the photographs and your consent will be obtained before you are photographed.
- Call the office for any questions or concerns before or after your vein treatment.